City of Hope supporters, age 70 ½ or older, can get a tax break while supporting breakthrough treatments and research with an IRA Rollover gift. With a charitable IRA Rollover gift, you get many benefits.
- Use all or a portion of your Required Minimum Distribution to make a gift to City of Hope and you don’t pay income taxes on the amount you donate.
- You can donate up to a total of $100,000 each year ($200,000 for married couples) and exclude the gift from your taxable income.
- Advance life saving research and patient care.
- Jane Miller wants to make a gift to City of Hope.
- Now 71 years old, Jane must take a Required Minimum Distribution from her IRA, which she would have to claim as income.
- Jane doesn’t need the additional income, so instead, she uses a portion of her Required Minimum Distribution to make a gift directly to City of Hope and avoids paying income taxes on the donated amount.
For assistance, please contact Thelma Villafuerte at 800-232-3314 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would greatly appreciate being informed of your generosity so that we can be prepared to provide a proper and timely IRS acknowledgment.
“City of Hope is truly remarkable, providing the finest of care, as well as innovative research. My IRA rollover gift is a “win-win,” to me and City of Hope.”
–Alexandra M. Levine, M.D., M.A.C.P., Professor of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
Levine is an acclaimed expert in lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and AIDS-related malignancies. She served as the chief medical officer at City of Hope for 10 years.