What Happens to Your Money and Property if You Don’t Have a Will or Trust

If you pass away without a will or trust, the state decides who gets what depending on who your closest relatives are at that time. Take control of this decision by documenting whom you want to inherit your property. City of Hope offers complimentary publications to help you create or update your will or trust so the state doesn’t make these decisions for you.

The formula used by the state of California*

* If you don’t live in California, check into how your own state distributes property.

Request our complimentary publications to create or update your will or trust.