You can support City of Hope’s breakthrough research and treatment in a variety of ways that make an immediate impact for those who turn to us for help.
Recommend a Grant Now From Your Donor Advised Fund
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving account that provides an immediate tax benefit to you and allows you to grant funds to charities of your choice. Your DAF makes it easy to make an impact:
- Make a one-time gift. This is a great way to give directly from your DAF.
- Create a recurring, monthly or quarterly gift for even more impact. Initiating an automatic monthly or quarterly gift from your DAF is one of the easiest ways to show your commitment all year long.
Another way to leverage your DAF and create your legacy of hope is to name City of Hope as a beneficiary of funds remaining in your DAF after your lifetime.City of Hope’s Beneficiary Designation Information
City of Hope (Tax ID 95-3435919), 1500 E. Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010
Charitable Distribution from your IRA
City of Hope supporters, age 70 ½ or older, can get a tax break while supporting breakthrough treatments and research with a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) gift. With a qualified charitable distribution, you get many benefits.
- Make a gift and the amount you transfer does not count as income for the year, which may help to keep you in a lower tax bracket.*
- Give up to $100,000 per year (or $200,000 per year for a couple) in total to all charities. Your QCD must be processed or the check must clear by December 31 to count as a distribution for the calendar year. Please make your gift as early as possible in order to meet this deadline.
- Support City of Hope’s lifesaving work.
*Due to recent changes in the laws governing retirement plans, please seek advice from your financial advisor regarding the tax implications of your gift.Learn more and download sample forms here.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Let a loved one currently battling cancer or diabetes know they are in your thoughts, celebrate a cancer survivor or commemorate the memory of those who have passed on by making a gift in their honor.Explore options here.
Gifts of Real Estate
Donating property outright to City of Hope frees you from the costs and responsibilities of ownership. If you have owned the property more than a year, you will enjoy a charitable income tax deduction equal to the property’s full fair market value. You will eliminate any capital gain and the gift reduces your future taxable estate.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
When you give appreciated securities, you may receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction as well as savings on capital gains taxes. For To learn more about making a gift of stock, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.For information about establishing a charitable gift annuity with appreciated securities and
securing income for life, click here.
Gifts of Cash
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support City of Hope’s groundbreaking research and compassionate patient care.You can make your gift online with our secure online donation form.